Monday 15 August 2016

Hockey tournament

On Saturday I had to wake up at 5:30 in the morning to go to a hockey tournament in North Harbor. The ride felt like forever but we got there. (Eventually) We started off with a light training before the game against Auckland. I was all pumped up and ready to go but a hockey ball smashed into my knee. It hurt for 2 minutes once I put the Ice on it, but after that it felt OK.
Once the whistle went the ball never really came to where I was standing, in the second half the ball came towards me a lot more and the other team managed to get 4 goals and I ended up stopping 11 goals. Overall it was a great game even though we lost, we felt pretty accomplished because Auckland is a hard team and we learnt lots from that game.
The second game was at 4:45 and we played Waikato. This game was a little bit messy because we got called out for a lot of PCs. I stopped only 1 goal and over all and the score 2-1 to Waikato.
The next day we didn't have to wake up quite as late but I was still really tired. When we got to the hockey club we all sat down and watched the women's Hockey Olympics. We didn't want to stop watching but we had training.  The third game was relay intense because if we didn't win this game we'd have to go home. The ball was so close to getting in the goal but it rebounded of the post. I was so relived. In the end of that game we WON. The score was two nil to us and we played against Counties,  and I stopped 9 goals.
We had  our last game against North Harbor. We were playing on their turf so we wanted to play a good game. In that game there were a few PCs but all in all it was a good game. They won 3 nil, they played really well so they deserved it. It was a great and fun weekend of hockey and I can't wait for more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment