Thursday 25 August 2016

Cross Country

Yesterday we went to South farms for cross country and it was my last cross country at ngatea primary. I signed up to run with the little kids to help them with their first race. At first all of the kids had so much energy but after 5 minutes the all got tired and started to walk, so me and the others who were running with the younger kids encouraged them to carry on and give it their best. It was almost at the end of the race when I had two kids by my side holding my hands and running to finish the race. The kids were so puffed and tired but for me it was just like talking big steps while they take tiny fast steps.
It was a little while later when my race came but I was ready, but when we came to start a bundle of butterflies gathered in the pit of my stomach. “Ready set go” We where off and running up the mud hill which wasn't so muddy like last year. Already I was puffed but I didn't stop running until we got up KILLER HILL, don don don. My feet were so cold that I couldn’t feel them, which was a good thing  because I could run on the stones while everyone else was trailing behind each other on the small strip of grass. I came to the stream and it was FREEZING.
After that was a giant puddle of icky sticky mud, it oozes through my toes as I almost slip over.I run up the hill to the finish line, but wait someone is creeping behind me and was almost about to pass me. At the last couple of seconds I sprint to the end of the finish line and it was finally over. I just made it into Hauraki plains because I came 10th. It was a fun and exhausting last cross country at NPS.

No comments:

Post a Comment